5. Love Jones - it's just a well-written love story. I could watch it over and over again and never get tired of it.
4. Harlem Nights - Gotta love that Sunshine :)
3. New Jack City - This movie introduced me to a world I knew nothing about and I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. "Rock-a-bye, baby!"
2. Coming to America - Eddie Murphy plays about eleventy-seven roles in this movie...and he does it so well!! "Sexual Chocolate!!"
1. The Color Purple - Hands down, one of the best movies EVER! I went to the theater and saw this one at least 10 times, read the book at least 3 times, and bought the soundtrack. Who can forget lines like, "You told Harpo to beat me?"
That's it for me. What's on your list?